Marijuana strain guide: In recent years, the use and cultivation of marijuana have skyrocketed in many countries around the world. Because of the widespread utilization of such, a lot of communities have started to embrace the many health benefits and overall recreational value that cannabis products have to offer. Normally, people would be quite intimidated when surrounded by ideas and activities regarding the substance. While that still holds true today in many countries, you will notice that cannabis laws and policies have started to open up more.
It may still be a long way to go when it comes to the worldwide legalization of marijuana. However, we cannot help but acknowledge the progress that it has taken to reach this point. In this article, we will discuss a little more about the background of marijuana and what the current situation is regarding cannabis usage and consumption.
WHAT IS CANNABIS?
Cannabis refers to the agricultural product that is usually derived and harvested from a cannabis plant. These harvested buds are usually dried and cured in order to make it ideal for smoking. The outcome of the curing process refers to marijuana, which is also known by many other names such as weed, pot, dope, ganja, or Mary Jane. Marijuana and other cannabis products are mainly consumed in order to induce psychoactive and mind-altering effects that are commonly associated with cannabis. This is due to the cannabinoid content found in cannabis plants and buds.
Cannabinoids refer to the chemical compounds that are usually present in cannabis and marijuana products. Along with terpenes, they make up most of the chemical composition of cannabis plants. The two main cannabinoids are:
- Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) – Mainly responsible for the psychoactive and cerebral effects that marijuana consumption produces
- Cannabidiol (CBD) – Does not induce psychoactive effects but deals with a lot of medical properties that cannabis can be used for. It impacts and improves numerous bodily systems and how they function.
HISTORY OF CANNABIS
The cannabis plant’s earliest discovery and usage date as far back as 3000 B.C., when civilizations utilized them for a variety of purposes. It grew abundantly both in Central Asia and the Indian subcontinent, often found in the Hindu Kush and Himalayan regions. The tropical and warm climates that are found in its places of origin have made the cannabis plant accustomed to long hours of sunlight.
Throughout the years, cannabis has been extensively used to make industrial tools such as ropes, fishnets, and other various items. The usefulness and versatility of cannabis (more specifically the cannabis sativa) paved the way for the Industrial Hemp Era of the economy.
DIFFERENT MARIJUANA STRAIN TYPES
- CANNABIS SATIVA – These were the very first species of cannabis ever discovered, thus being used for the industrial hemp era of the economy. Cannabis sativas are regularly characterized by their tall and lanky plants and bright green colors. They grow much looser as compared to indicas that are quite compact. Sativas often induce a very uplifting and euphoric high, capable of enhancing a person’s mood and creativity.
- CANNABIS INDICA – Many years after the cannabis sativa was discovered, French botanist Jean Baptiste Lamarck was able to uncover another cannabis species: the cannabis sativa. In contrast to the appearance of sativas, cannabis indica plants exhibit a very short and stout structure. Their leaves are closely intertwined with one another, giving it a very compact and dense look. As for its effects, cannabis indicas provide more of a relaxing stone rather than an energetic buzz. They do well in calming your mind and soothing your body, making you feel rather drowsy and trippy.
- CANNABIS RUDERALIS – Unlike the first two species of cannabis, the ruderalis variant isn’t necessarily used for consumption. Rather, growers and cannabis seed breeders make use of the cannabis ruderalis by incorporating some of its genetics into hybrid strains. What this does is it gives cannabis strains the widely renowned autoflowering trait. This means that the cannabis seeds will be able to flower automatically regardless of the amount of light and temperature that it is exposed to.
STATISTICS ABOUT Marijuana Strain Guide
In order to improve a person’s understanding and knowledge about the use and cultivation of both recreational and medical cannabis, here are some facts and statistics about marijuana.
- Marijuana is the second highest consumed substance behind alcohol. It has proven to be more popular among people than tobacco and cigarettes.
- Rarely will you find fatal incidents caused by marijuana overdose? In fact, as of 2019, there have been no reported cases that state the direct effects of cannabis causing a death.
- Over 90% of medical marijuana patients have chosen to continue their treatment due to the effectiveness that they report.
- The legalization of marijuana has increased the employment status of citizens by over 200,000 jobs in the USA alone.
- The legal production of industrial hemp has increased by 370% from 2018 to 2019.
- Over 30% of US citizens classify themselves as regular cannabis smokers.
- Less than 10% of the US population supports the illegalization of cannabis.
TOP TEN BEST MARIJUANA STRAINS
Of course, we could not end this article without giving you guys our top picks for Best Marijuana Strains available in the market today. With amazing flavors and outstanding effects, all of these strains have something to boast in their own rights. Check them out:
- Sour Diesel
- Northern Lights
- White Widow
- Acapulco Gold
- Grand Daddy Purple
- Super Silver Haze
- OG Kush
- Blue Dream
- L.A. Confidential
These marijuana strains are all award-winning strains that have been able to back up all the hype surrounding them. If you are having a hard time choosing the right strain for you, give these ones a try. They will definitely give you a unique cannabis experience that you cannot find anywhere else.
We hope that you found this article useful for the marijuana strain guide. In order to truly understand the concept and benefits of marijuana, you should also familiarize yourself with the little details surrounding this magical plant. What better way to advocate for its legalization than to support its rich history and current situation? Happy smoking!